1) Are You Reaching Your Goal? Determine what your goal is when a prospect or customer brings up your website on their mobile device? For example… “I would like the user to make an appointment for a consultation”
Responsive Sites: With this sample goal, can a customer make an appointment easily on the main page without scrolling? Or does the user have to search and find the page to contact you for an appointment? Whatever you primary goal is, do not make it hard for prospects.
Mobile Apps: Use a one-touch feature that allows the user to easily book an appointment directly. Making it easier for a prospect to contact you can often keep them from going to your competitors. We highly recommend that you do not make prospects and customers fill out a traditional email form. Today’s consumer is typically confused of when you will return their email, which motivates them to search other opportunities while their waiting for you. Whatever you primary goal is, do not make it hard for prospects.
2) Size Matters: For years we have presented our company on a 19” – 21” screen. Our website was our destination and we had plenty of room to show off our services. Not any longer. We now have to squeeze our company content into 20% of the space. That can be a challenge.
Responsive Websites Arranges Your Site Poorly: Check your website on a mobile phone and view how it collapses to the small size. In most cases, responsive websites downsize poorly and do not feature your most critical company content on the main page. One very critical issue to branding are those responsive websites not show the company logo!
Mobile Apps Can Be Customized: Your Company content SHOULD look different on a mobile device. With a Company Mobile App you have the ability to manage your site completely different for a mobile device. You can customize your mobile version 100%. Consumers will see your company content in a prioritized format on their mobile device… and that matters
3) One-Touch – It’s preferred. Today’s consumer loves shortcuts. Their phone is loaded with apps and they prefer navigating their phones with one-touch. Let's look at some examples.
Responsive Websites Limit One-Touch Buttons: Responsive Websites simply convert your contact information the same way it works on your website. For instance, your contact process requires a mobile user to “look up” your number or fill out a form. Asking a mobile user to enter your company phone number is almost always ignored. Customers should be able to contact you with a one-touch icon. The same should be for texting or emailing you.
Mobile Apps One Touch Buttons Make It Easy: A Mobile App allows you assign a quick button to anything. Consumers can contact you with one touch and not have to search and memorize you phone number. Not only can you assign a button to contact you, users can be easily directed to your blog, hosted galleries or any other category you desire. These are often called "Call To Action" features for a reason.
4) Scroll, Less Pages: Mobile users will spend very little time on your website. They do not want to go through multiple pages on their mobile phone. Mobile users are must likely on the move and want to take care of their tasks quickly. Consumers prefer to scroll through a website and not have to search multiple pages.
Responsive Websites Love Pages: One of the most unfriendly features a responsive site does is stack your mobile version with multiple pages. This aggravates mobile users and makes it easy for them to leave your site.
Mobile Apps Scroll: A Mobile App allows you customize and sort your pages to fit the needs of your company. Users will be able to see the most important content you offer on the main page and this makes the user experience positive.
5) Having Trouble Being Found? Text Keywords...The New URL: Are you having problems being found on the internet? Does it just take too much time to try to stay ahead of your competition? Have you basically given up? Text Keywords is the hottest tool to deliver your Mobile App to prospects.
Responsive Websites Do Not Live Outside The Internet: Responsive Websites work much like traditional websites. Users trying to locate a business goes online to hopefully find your company within 100’s of competitors. Same old story. If you are found, it’s frustrating that prospects can shop your products and services easily.
Mobile Apps Are Delivered to Mobile Users without the Internet: Text Keywords and short codes are magic! First… Claim a unique Keyword for your company. Prospects and Customers simply text your keyword and your mobile app is delivered to their phone. This keeps your company in the sites of your prospects without comparing to your competition. Having a Company Keyword is Essential in Today’s MobileNet.
6) The Monies in the List… It’s still true, the money is in the lists. But it’s no longer in your email list. Emails are opened at an 18% rate. There is no doubt that emails are continuously failing us. Text messages are opened at a 94% open rate and within 3 minutes. I’ll be frank. Follow the money! Convert your email list and future prospects to a mobile list now.
Responsive Websites Don’t Text: Websites do not support texting as a communication tool. This can be a disadvantage when most consumers would rather text than email.
Mobile Apps Supports Texting: When a customer uses your keyword, they opt-in to your mobile list and you capture their contact information. This allows you to start using texting as your communication tool.
7) Seize The Moment! One of the biggest frustrations we have is not knowing who is viewing our website and what their needs are. Sometimes we wish we could reach out and contact them while their viewing our site.
Responsive Websites are Traditional: Newer responsive websites don’t offer anything new to help capture a prospect on your website. You rely on your website content to persuade a prospect to contact you.
Mobile Apps on Auto-Pilot: When a prospect texts your keyword, they will automatically receive follow up text messages encouraging them to contact you. You are also notified the instant they have requested your mobile app. For example, prospects can get a text message asking them if they have an event coming up and need a photographer. You can also include mobile coupons to promote a service and increase bookings.
8) Broadcast Your Company As Needed: There is always a need to market and promote your company. There are times when you need a spike in your business. The need to target prospects is probably more important now the ever.
Responsive Website Campaigns Take Time: Using an email campaign program with your website and be time consuming to say the least. When you design an elaborate email campaign, it feels good but usually results in minimal results. Not surprising these days with an 18% open rate.
Mobile App Simple Broadcasts: Pushing out a broadcast or promotion couldn’t be any easier and faster. Simply click on a mobile list and send out a bulk text message. Typical push messages take a few minutes to send. You’ll find yourself sending more messages, resulting in more opportunities to book more appointments and find new clients.
So How Mobile is Your Photography Company? More consumers are locating businesses with their mobile device than using a desktop or laptop. These consumers are considered “mobile” customers. All businesses need to reach mobile users. If your company is not mobilized, you will have to work harder or your business is at risk. Your website is still the billboard of your photography company, but it’s not enough. You can no longer rely on the internet alone.
Introducing MobileNet. Look around, consumers are using their mobile device for everything. Photography companies need to recognize the habits of today’s consumer and have a mobile marketing strategy.
Is Your Company Interactive? A mobile app will make your company interactive. Your company app allows consumers to contact you instantly and you can respond promptly. You are notified immediately when a prospect joins your mobile list and they receive information about your company – all on auto-pilot.
Like Your Website? Want to keep it? You Can! Do you prefer to keep your website the way that it is? Have you spent a lot of time getting it just right? Here’s what we recommend. Keep your website that works just fine on a desktop or laptop. Add a mobile app and customize it for mobile users. When a mobile user brings up your URL with a mobile device, they will see your mobile app. When they use a desktop they will see your traditional site. No reason to spend 100’s to 1000’s of dollars to build a new site! To get started fill out the form below today!!